Tuesday, July 28, 2009

5 years

Last week, Luke and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. We left Caleb in the care of his Grandma and Grandpa Ryon and flew to the Florida Gulf.

We spent a day swimming, picnicking, and reading on the beach at Fort de Soto. We spent a morning chasing dolphins in a kayak. (Ok, not really chasing per se, but we did get pretty close.) We ate good seafood every chance we had. (At least good by our inexperienced taste buds.) We went out during naptime without disrupting the rest of the day. We walked on the beach and enjoyed sunsets. We spent time together. We found ice cream that reminded me of the best of Baskin Robbins and Whitey's all in one.

I'm so thankful for my husband who continues to prove again and again that I can trust him with who I am, even when it's ugly. We've learned a lot over the past five years, and I look forward to having Luke at my side through future challenges and joys.

Luke, thanks for giving me a glimpse of the grace of God. I love you.

1 comment:

Karen H said...

Congrats on your anniversary. It sounds like you had a great trip!