Thursday, October 22, 2009

What We've Been Doing Lately

We've been learning to say "no."
This picture is rather blurry, but it's also the one where you can read Caleb's lips. He's learning about "no hitting," "no standing on chairs," "no drawing on walls," "no playing with pencils" for that matter, "no jumping on Mommy," "no taking all Mommy and Daddy's books off the bookshelf," and a myriad of other "no's." At the same time, Caleb gets lots of encouragement as he cleans up his toys, uses his spoon or fork to feed himself, puts his milk away after a meal, tries to put his socks on, etc.

We've been learning to enjoy (or at least tolerate) the colder weather.
Several weeks ago we visited an apple orchard, which ended up not being a lot of fun for Caleb, but at least we have apples, apple pie, and apple crisp to make up for it. Caleb is enjoying playing in the leaves and swinging in our backyard--even when it's a bit chilly. I'm not looking forward to being cooped up this winter. Snow pants here we come!

I've also been sewing some fall/winter clothes for Caleb.
I hesitate to post about this because some of you will think that I actually know what I'm doing and others of you will easily recognize that I don't. But either way, Caleb needs clothes that fit, and I can either search stores for hours trying to find long, skinny pants or I can be creative, learn something, save some money, and get clothes that fit. What a deal.

I've also been feeling Baby 2 jumping and jiving! This pregnancy is going normally so far. I have my energy back which was exhaustingly absent during the first trimester. (Consequently I've been able to rake leaves, hike, pick apples, and sew.) Caleb and I have heard Baby 2's heartbeat. (Caleb stopped what he was doing, but he had no idea what was going on.) And I'm trying to guess the number of days I have left to slouch and to wear normal clothes. We'll see.
How's that for a little bit of everything?

No comments: