Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Elephants for Breakfast

This is what happens when I’m asked, “What’s for breakfast?” first thing in the morning.  Since I don’t know yet, I jokingly respond, “Elephants.”  And instead of getting the joke, someone starts looking for elephants.  “Where are the elephants, Mama?” 

Luke even acquiesced, “It does sort of look like an elephant.” 

201111 November 082Can you see it?  Use your imagination.  It’s kind of like looking for pictures in the clouds on a warm summer day, except it’s a cold and dreary November day. And it’s french toast. 

The bonus?  One little boy, who has refused to eat even one bite of french toast for the past few months, gladly ate two slices along with “elephant food” (banana and sausage).  Evidently this elephant was an omnivore.

3 comments:

ks said...

I don't do it that often, but whenever I do make kids food into animals or faces they always eat it. I made a sandwich with a celery and pepper face the other day and they ate the whole thing!

KH said...

Love it! You are so creative!

Erica said...

That is fantastic, my dear. I can totally see the elephant!