Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Conversations

We’re starting to work on our fourth memory verse with Caleb, and when I say memory verse I mean verse that he “reads” or says with help from Mommy.  I’m still pretty proud of him!  The first three have just happened to start with the word “for.” The new verse starts with “but.”  On hearing this, Caleb said, “But that’s not the way verses go!” 

And as we were talking about the new verse for the week, Romans 5:8, Caleb said, “I not sinner anymore.  I growed up.”

Me: “But the Bible says all have sinned.  Remember Romans 3:23? It say “All have sinned….”  Has Mommy sinned?  Sophia?  Daddy? Grandpa and Grandma?” 

Caleb: “Yes.  But I not sin anymore.” 

Oh Lord, help me lead this child to your forgiveness and grace instead of self-sufficiency.  What do I say to that?

This morning over breakfast we were talking about the verse again and had the same conversation.  I then reminded Caleb of one way he had already disobeyed Mommy before breakfast.  After arguing about about whether it was disobeying or not and thinking for a bit, Caleb said, “Pray, Mommy.”

“Pray about what?”

“Pray that I not sin anymore.”

And just to keep things real, this is the conversation we had as Caleb and Sophia were getting dressed:

Caleb: “Why don’t boy pants have pink buttons, Mommy?”

Me: “Because pink is a girl color.”

Caleb: “But Caleb likes pink too.”

1 comment: