Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A New School Year

This will be the first time in 22 years that I don't gear up for a new school year. Can you believe that I've gone to school for the past 22 years straight? Crazy. I'm not that old, am I? While I'm glad to have the opportunity to stay home with Caleb, I am missing some of the back to school excitement. I'll miss the challenge of learning 150 names and faces as fast as I can. I'll miss the feeling of getting a fresh, clean-slate start, as if whatever happened last year doesn't count. I'll miss the new relationships that come with a new school year. And believe it or not, I may even miss the structured schedule. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty I won't miss, but I'll spare you the details. Good luck to all the students and teachers out there. Enjoy the school year as much as you can even when you have to listen to boring speeches by your superiors!

And the reason I won't be bored at home: I've decided to join the wedding industry frenzy as a florist. Just kidding. But I did put together some boutonnieres and bouquets for a friend's wedding this past weekend. Do you think there's a future for an inartistic black thumb in the floral industry?

No comments: