Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thankful

I started this post last week, so even though it’s a bit out of date, I thought it’d be appropriate to start off November remembering a few things I’m thankful for. 

It’s been one several of those weeks that reminds me of how much I have to be thankful for.  You may not want to read all this, but it’s good for me to remember how faithful God is in the daily stuff. 

  • Thankful for friendly neighbors who jumpstart my car
  • Thankful for an auto repair budget and an auto mechanic with a kid-friendly waiting room (and cookies too)
  • Thankful for a reliable car that doesn’t leave me stranded
  • Thankful for previous experiences with cars that did leave me stranded so that I know how to jumpstart a car
  • Thankful that we had been planning and saving to replace our roof before the hail storm hit
  • Thankful that our roof has a simple, straightforward design so they squeezed us in on a Saturday instead of having to wait a month to get it replaced
  • Thankful for parents and others who showed us how to manage money
  • Thankful Sophia still smiles even when she misses a nap
  • Thankful that bedtime usually doesn’t take 2-4 hours
  • Thankful for mornings without an agenda that I can spend playing with my kids and playdoh
  • Thankful for mornings with an agenda so I don’t drive my kids crazy (and they don’t drive me crazy)
  • Thankful for a washing machine that quickly makes the awful spit-up smell disappear
  • Thankful that we were able to get our fence repaired after a tree limb fell on it
  • Thankful that the other tree limb that fell the day after our fenced was fixed didn’t damage the fence
  • Thankful for neighbors who shared their sidewalk chalk with Caleb, prompting a new activity and hours of entertainment/learning
  • Thankful that Caleb loves to help, even if it’s just pressing the start button on the microwave
  • Thankful for naptime when everyone in the house naps
  • Thankful for a warm, cozy house on windy days
  • Thankful for friends who come over and play
  • Thankful that Sophia seems to be past her allergic reaction to who knows what (and thankful it was a mild reaction)
  • Thankful for sunshine, crunchy leaves, and afternoon walks

I think I could go on and on.

I hope it doesn’t sound like I’m saying half of these things in jest.  I really am thankful for them.  I may have preferred that our money go to other places than into our car and house, but I am thankful for our car and house and all the ways God has provided as we take care of them.  I wish that Sophia hadn’t had an allergic reaction, but I am thankful that doctors and medicine are readily available. 

No comments: