Wednesday, October 12, 2011

North Shore: Split Rock and Gooseberry Falls

I think the thing I loved the most about the North Shore was its peaceful, quiet atmosphere.  I felt like we saw and did a lot without feeling a lot of stress along the way. 

Below is the view of the Split Rock lighthouse from a little island we hopped across a few boulders to get to.  Peaceful.  Did I mention we had great weather while we were up there?

201108 August 1606

201108 August 1620

We also stopped by Gooseberry Falls the same day that we stopped at Split Rock State Park.  Gooseberry Falls was the exception to the peaceful atmosphere we enjoyed the rest of the week.  I don’t know if it was because we visited on a Friday or because Gooseberry Falls is the southernmost park on the North Shore, but it was teeming with people.  If we ever go back, I think I’d skip this park and enjoy the others farther north. 

Even though Gooseberry was a bit disappointing, there was an ice cream shop in nearby Two Harbors that was worth the stop!

No comments: