Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

My parents came to our place on Thursday:

201111 November 193201111 November 198

We traveled to Luke’s parents’ on Saturday:

201111 November 224

We looked forward to it for a week by making a calendar and paper chain: (Why am I not more embarrassed to post my awful art skills online?)

201111 November 267

We decorated our “thankful tree” on Thanksgiving Day. 

201111 November 272201111 November 277

We also made turkey napkin holders to help satiate Caleb’s requests to make something. 

Like last year, we filled our gift bag with things we were thankful for throughout the month of November. I’ve grown to appreciate the symbolism and simplicity of collecting our thanks in a gift bag. We’re counting all the little and big gifts God gives us each day.  I’m learning that a thankful heart puts so much of life in the proper perspective.  I’m also learning a thankful heart isn’t an emotion, but a practice.  This is the day the Lord has made.  I will choose to be glad and rejoice in it. 

No comments: