Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Decorating of a Nursery

Often, I debate with myself on whether I should spend the time, energy, thought, and money to decorate rooms in my house when there's very little practical value added. Well, I didn't go for the themed baby room with cutified vicious animals, primary-colored sailboats, or various forms of transportation, but I did spend some time thinking through what I'll want to be looking at in the middle of the night or day as I spend time with our son in his room. Here's some of what I've come up with so far. The room is still in process.

The wall over the crib
The center is a memo board waiting to be filled with pictures that I have yet to print, and the side pieces highlight the text from the doxology in Romans 11:33-36.

This hangs over the changing table and is the text of Colossians 1:28. I also love the context (Colossians 1:15-29) of this verse.

I hope these serve as visual, tangible reminders of my place and my purpose.



And on the more foo-foo side of things, I've used the sewing machine I earned by treadmilling this winter (another story) to create a pillow for a more comfortable glider and a crib skirt to hide the underworkings of the crib. I think the next thing is figuring out some decoration for the window--it's rather bare at the moment. I've heard towels work really well for blocking out the light...






1 comment:

Clare said...

Wow you are truly living up to mommyhood! Glad to hear things are going so well! Tell Luke hi for me and enjoy the last few days of sleep before the baby comes!