Sunday, October 5, 2008

Coffee Break Inspiration

Anne of Green Gables is one reason I'm glad that I am a girl. While enjoying a break at my favorite coffee spot this weekend (without the coffee of course), I rediscovered some of Anne's wisdom.

After Anne goes to Marilla's church for the first time, Marilla scolds Anne for not listening to Mr. Bell pray while at church. This is how Anne responds: "But he wasn't talking to me. He was talking to God and he didn't seem to be very much interested in it, either. I think he thought God was too far off to make it worth while. I said a little prayer myself though. There was a long row of white birches hanging over the lake and the sunshine fell down through them, way, way down, deep into the water. Oh, Marilla, it was like a beautiful dream! It gave me a thrill and I just said, 'Thank you for it, God' two or three times."

No comments: