Sunday, October 26, 2008

I love you when...

Caleb,
I love you when...
...you give me your cheesy grin right as I put you to bed.
...I take you for walks and your socks become your mittens.
...you grab your toes and hold on for dear life.
...you blow so many bubbles that you end up with a goatee.
...you're "flying" and your goatee drips...on me.
...I feel your soft hands in the early morning.
...people comment on how symmetrical your head is.
...you "sing" while I play the piano.
...I accidentally cut your finger instead of your fingernail.
...you show curiosity about new faces.
...you cry in the middle of the night.
...you sleep.
...you try to eat your entire hand, wrist included.

Sometimes my love makes me laugh, sometimes cry, but I'll keep working on demonstrating that love in these ways. And when I fail, please remember that this love is perfect and never ending.

No comments: