Thursday, October 2, 2008

Crafty-ness

The definition of "crafty" from the American Heritage Dictionary:
  1. Skilled in or marked by underhandedness, deviousness, or deception.
  2. Chiefly British Skillful; dexterous.
Call it crafty, creative, or crazy, here are several projects I've completed over the past few months (notice the word completed--not started and completed):

Crocheted Baby Blanket. "Peppermint Candy" pattern from 7-day Afghans by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss using size I hook and Caron Simply Soft yarn in Berry and White.


Flannel Baby Blanket (36" square) and coordinating burp cloths. For when you get tired of wearing either spit up or a cloth diaper on your shoulder....

Filet crochet name doily using size 20 or 30 thread and size 12 hook. An ode to my great-grandmas' generation when they actually used this technique to make entire tablecloths and bedspreads 50 times the size of this little piece.

3 comments:

ks said...

I'm pretty impressed there. I don't think I've made anything "crafty" that isn't in the paper category... maybe ever. Unless you count tiny little clothes for my army guys.

bartiste said...

Yay for crafty-ness! Your display thereof hangs on my wall proudly. :) I've been crafty myself, lately, trying to come up with some sort of removable cover for the stove vent. It's round and not flat across the top, and it lets cold (or hot) air blow up through it. It is not magnetic either. So I've been designing a circular cover that will hang on a little hook. It's currently functional, but decidedly not pretty. That will come next....

Deborah said...

E: There's the difference...I can read and follow instructions. You can design it yourself!
KS: And as for paper crafts...I hope you never have the 'privilege' of receiving one of my handmade cards. If you have in the past, I'm sorry.