Friday, March 19, 2010

Ode to My Garlic Press

You're not shiny.
You don't do much at all.
In fact, you only have
one. little. task.

But you accomplish it
so well.

And the results...
smell
so good
taste
so good.

You make me smile
as you do your
one. little. task.
so well.

My husband scoffed
at your usefulness
(or lack thereof).
He doesn't scoff
anymore.

You aren't shiny,
and you don't multi-task.
You don't even make noise
or require electricity.
You quietly sit in a dark drawer
waiting for your moment
to shine.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I found your ode amusing. I enjoyed tying the not shiny to the waiting to shine at the end.

I don't have a garlic press, and I keep going back and forth as to whether or not I would want one. Do you notice a difference in taste between minced garlic and crushed garlic? Have you tried using a mortar and pestle to crush your garlic?

I'm impressed that Luke no longer scoffs at the unitakser.

bartiste said...

I love it! And I love my own garlic press, too!