Monday, March 1, 2010

Thankful for Daddy

I'm thankful for Luke for many reasons, but I love seeing him in his role as Daddy. The first thing Caleb did this morning on getting out of bed was to go in search of "Dada." I heard a cadence of "Dada, Dada, Dada" as he shuffled down the hallway in his footy PJs. When he found "Dada," he raised his arms as if he'd won a gold medal.

Just to update: Nap times are going much better now, thanks to Luke. I spent a week trying to teach and train Caleb to fall asleep in a twin bed during nap time...to no avail. Luke worked with Caleb for maybe 25 minutes on Saturday, and Caleb has been napping well ever since. I'm very thankful for Caleb's daddy.

In addition, Luke plays with Caleb in ways I'd never think of. Here are some other highlights from "Daddy" time:

Hide and Seek: Luke doesn't get much time to hide since Caleb is still learning to count. The other day, I caught sight of Caleb sitting up in bed with his sheet over his head. I wonder who he learned that from?

Playing in the snow (instead of just shoveling snow):



Physics 101: Ramps


Truck Rides: You'll recognize the truck from previous escapades. Caleb has played with this for over a year now and hasn't gotten tired of it. It helps that his daddy thinks of new ways to use it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Any snow forts yet?

Karen said...

So what did Luke do in 25 minutes to get Caleb to sleep in the twin bed with success? Glad naps are going better. :) I thought of you today as naps at our house were not happening today (or at least not happening at the same time).