Friday, May 7, 2010

Being Thankful

So they're either doing a photo shoot for their next top 50 album cover or someone loves pockets!


Sometimes I'm inspired by Caleb's genuine joy in the simple things. Today I'm a little sleep-deprived and choosing to be thankful. I'm thankful that...
  • Caleb put away all the silverware this morning.
  • oatmeal is easy to make, and Caleb loves it.
  • I have a house that is warm, provides a safe place for Caleb to play, and is a place of peace and rest (at least some of the time).
  • we've have the privilege of raising two kids, and I have the opportunity to get up with them at night.
  • I didn't leave the monitor or library books outside the night it rained.
  • I had a hot shower this morning.
  • Sophia's look of utter peace when she's totally asleep gives me hope and warm fuzzies.

Some of these are simple; some are not. Either way, I plan on adding to the list throughout my day today. Join me?

3 comments:

ks said...

call me if you need anything. Seriously.

Rebecca said...

Hope it gets better soon!

Karen said...

I like how you decide to be thankful. I need more practice in this area.....I'm sure I'll get it!

Nice to see you today....