Friday, October 8, 2010

Quarantine

We’ve been quarantined for the past week and a half waiting out a mystery virus.  I think we’ve used more infant Tylenol in the past week than in the past two years (which tells you how healthy we’ve been over the past two years).  I’m also thankful that a mystery virus that we knew we’d eventually beat has been our biggest concern over the past few weeks!  We broke quarantine today by having a picnic lunch and playing at the park.  It’s a beautiful day, and we were all stir crazy.  We may go out again this afternoon. 

In the meantime, I’ve been smelling a lot of paint fumes as I’ve been painting lots of this:

201010 October 018

Last time we refinished our deck, we never managed to get the lattice replaced as we were hoping to. Two years later…I’m hoping the lattice gets put up this weekend. 

 201010 October 005

Looks nice!  And I can say that since I didn’t do any of the staining on the deck itself.  All the credit goes to this guy:

201009 September 377

Remember Wilson from Home Improvement?  I think there are several similarities…one of which is their uncanny ability to avoid cameras. 

While we were painting the deck, Caleb got to paint too.  His masterpieces:

201010 October 001   

201009 September 374 

And his paint clothes:

201009 September 385

In other news…there isn’t much other news.  Evidently when I don’t meal plan, we eat a lot of rice.  Sticky rice.  Cilantro-lime rice with burritos.  Spanish rice with tacos.  Rice with cranberry chicken.  Wild rice.  Um, yeah.  All very good, but I think I’ll wait to make stir-fry until next week. 

No comments: