Sunday, March 20, 2011

Letter K

Attribute of God: King of Kings

Bible Story: Heaven
Once again, I used the Jesus Storybook Bible.  I really wanted to come up with something creative, but everything I came up with seemed too cheesy.  It wouldn’t have done heaven justice.  So we kept it simple.  This is what I know Caleb knows about heaven: It’s where Jesus lives.  Jesus is the king of heaven. There won’t be any tears or sadness in heaven; Jesus will take them away.  (I can hardly wait for the day…  )

Song: King of Kings; Hallelujah, Salvation and Glory

Common vocab: kittens, kite, kangaroo, kids, key, kick, kitchen, kind

Food: Kiss cookies

Video: BBC nature videos of kangaroos (like this one)

People we know: Katie H., Katie L.

Activities: Make paper kite, fly a real kite
The expression on Caleb’s face when Luke first got the kite in the air is something I hope I don’t forget for a long time.  Caleb had a lot of fun flying the kite by himself (just like Curious George).  Thankfully, he didn’t fly off like Curious George does in the story. 

201103 March 283

And one last activity: Kickboxing.  Literally.

201103 March 286

No comments: