Friday, November 16, 2012

A Dim Reflection

Yesterday as we were packing up our things to come home from the hospital, I discovered several ultrasound pictures from Tuesday morning.  I laughingly offered to show them to Luke, who hadn’t even seen them yet.  Somehow ultrasound pictures don’t have the same pull when you’re holding the real baby in your arms. 

2012 November 238

2012 November 1622012 November 1522012 November 127

Quite the contrast!

Can you imagine the difference between what and how we see now and what heaven will be like?  It reminded me of 1 Corinthians 13 where it says, “For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”  How exciting is that?!

1 comment:

KH said...

What a great real-life example of seeing as a reflection and not fully seeing!

I will keep thinking about that!