Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful

We’re continuing our tradition of practicing thankfulness throughout the month of November.  Here’s a sampling of what our kids have come up with so far:

2012 November 040

I love Sophia’s randomness.  She’s thankful for her birthday even though it was 6 months ago.  The little circles and lines are when Sophia wrote her own.  And in case you think Luke’s suddenly had a change of heart, the puppy refers to Sophia’s stuffed puppy.  Of course when Sophia says she’s thankful for “Mommy” and “Daddy,”  it melts my heart. 

2012 November 038

Caleb’s list so far: handwriting with wet sponge during preschool, chalkboards, pasta, playing pretend mailman, ketchup on food I don’t like, turkey, favorite foods (PB&J, ice cream, cold pepperoni pizza, spaghetti), candy, trick or treat candy, math, sweet cinnamon rolls, Grandpa and Grandma Baker taking us to Chick-Fil-A, chicken nuggest, ham. 

Most of them have to do with food.  Maybe we should ask them what they’re thankful for outside of mealtime. 

Here’s one that Caleb helped Sophia write:  EAPPLE  translation: APPLE when you run out of room at the end of the paper.

2012 November 039

I’m thankful for beautiful November days like today where we can spend the morning at the park, extra days beyond my due date to relax and enjoy my family, time with close friends, sweet rolls, and coconut-lime sugar cookies.  Considering I’m 9 months pregnant, I simply can’t leave off good food.

No comments: