Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Language Learning

2013 001

The way we learn language absolutely amazes me.

---

Caleb: Our “Memory” game has a sophagus!

What do you mean?

It says “eee” at the end because of the –y.

Oh, you mean suffix, not esophagus. 

---

As Caleb was practicing –th suffixes, he said, “Oh I didn’t know that.  I thought it was maf.”  I think I’ll miss it when Caleb actually starts saying “math.”   

---

One member of our family has been trying to help Caleb learn to say beginning “s” blends by asking him to say “speeding ticket” and such.  Funny thing is, he’s actually catching on, but also overcompensating.  Several weeks ago Caleb asked for more “speas please.” 

---

How many times do I think I have everything figured out only to find that that I absolutely do not! There’s more to learn, more to discover!

No comments: