Thursday, July 24, 2008

1.love.4.years.

Cheesy title, I know. If you're not a fan of cheese, don't continue reading.

Today marks four years that Luke and I have been married. So here's a post for my handsome husband.

Luke,
I love you period. I also love you with an exclamation point, but never with a question mark. I also love you with an ellipsis because the sentence doesn't end. (I warned you this was cheesy.)

I love you...
...because you're so good at loving me. You know me so well already; I can't imagine what life with you will be like in 10, 20, or 50 years!
...for your confidence in God's goodness and faithfulness and your faithfulness in leading our family in this.
...for showing patience (but not tolerance) of my many faults.
...for your ability to focus on what is really important and not get tied up in knots about what isn't important.
...for your peacefulness.
...when I see you loving Caleb. Have I told you that you two look cute together?
...when you write me letters simply because you know I like them.
...when you talk about what's important to you.
...when you make us try crazy things like stroller derby.
...because I get to spend as many years with you as God gives us life.

I was going to stop at 4 reasons, but I couldn't help myself. Thanks for being such a great husband. I'm so thankful God brought us together, and I'm thankful you are faithful to God's commands in so many ways. Here's to my one love for years to come!

1 comment:

Clare said...

Beutiful baby boy.... you sound very content! Love reading and keeping up on all that is going on in your life.