Saturday, August 28, 2010

Good Times

Monday I took the kids to my hometown to visit my sister-in-law and her kids.  They’d traveled across the country, so I figured the least I could do was drive a couple hours to see them.  Miraculously, Sophia slept on the way there, and both of the kids slept on the way home.

We had a fun day.  Caleb watched his cousin Luke like a hawk, imitating him whenever possible.  We got in a short game of Apples to Apples, in which even Caleb managed to win a round.  We ate corn on the cob for lunch and took a short walk through the cemetery that we use to haunt on our bikes as kids.  We heard all about Meghan’s success at the fair, Aunt Tara got to meet Sophia, and Mom realized that Sophia is a chunk—albeit a really cute one. 

We shared some hostas with Mom from our backyard, and she was kind enough to share a raccoon from my stuffed animal collection.  Caleb hugged it the whole way home, even through his nap. 

We haven’t done much else this week since Caleb and I have been battling a bug and Sophia is working on her second tooth.  As a sick day treat, Caleb loved watching Charlotte’s Web and eating popcorn.  (Or “corn pop” as Caleb calls it.)

And how’s that for a random post? 

2 comments:

ks said...

we love charlotte's web here too!

Karen H said...

Love the "corn pop"!