Friday, February 11, 2011

Letter F

The kids are coughing in stereo today, so hopefully they get some good naps. 

I doubt Caleb will remember any of these alphabet activities, yet we keep going.  If nothing else, it’s a way to remind myself to spend time with my kids.  Even if Caleb learns nothing, at least we’ve spent time together.

Attribute of God: God is Faithful.  He keeps his promises.

Story: An overview of the covenants, focusing on how God keeps his promises.  Noah. Abraham. Moses. David. Jesus.

I think summing up Jesus was the most difficult.  How do you put the gospel in preschooler terms?  Since we’re sick here this week and have been watching the first 15 minutes of Toy Story 3 a lot, it came out something like this:  “Do you remember how Buzz saves the train so that no one on the train gets hurt or dies?  Jesus did that.  He saves people from sin.”  Let’s just say that I continue to pray for more opportunities to pour the gospel into my kids’ lives and that they have the ears and heart to understand it.  

Art/Craft: Punched holes in black paper to make stars as we talked about God’s promise to Abraham.  Made crowns as we talked about God’s promise to David. 

Song: Great is Thy Faithfulness (Caleb doesn’t sing this one, but he’s been more interested in drumming while I sing/play the piano anyway.)

Common vocabulary: food, flamingo, fish, flower, fire, fly, flower, flashlight, frog, freeze, flood, foot, four, friends

Books: Horton Hatches an Egg “I meant what I said and I said what I meant.  An elephant’s faithful one hundred per cent.” 

Games/Activities: What Floats?  (In other words, throw stuff in the bathtub and see if it floats or sinks.) We also tried a game of “freeze,” but that didn’t work so well.

Food: fajitas, french fries, and Frozen Blueberry Popsicles (healthy way to soothe a sore throat!)

People we know:  I couldn’t think of anyone, so if your name starts with an “F” and you’re actually reading this, let me know!

201102 February 137

Sporting our crowns we made as we talked about God’s promise to David. 

1 comment:

Karen H said...

For people you know who's name starts with "F" you could just say, "Friends!". Also, please pass the blueberry popsicle recipe along. :)