Friday, September 3, 2010

Apologies

So apparently I sounded a bit bitter in my last post.  Sorry about that.  I’m really not.  Sometimes my humor doesn’t come across very well.  If you had to choose between eating that slice of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and losing 2 hours of sleep between the hours of 1 and 4 a.m., what would you choose?  How would you react if you heard a baby scream at 1:13 in the morning--and you didn’t even know there was a baby in your house?  The potential infomercials have me chuckling to myself.

I am thankful for Sophia and all she has brought to our family already!  I love seeing her beaming one-tooth grin and her contented spirit as she watches all the activity around her.  I especially love watching her watch Caleb run in circles in front of her; it looks like she’s watching a tennis match.  I love seeing Caleb’s generosity with Sophia as he makes sure she has the best toys.  And I really love seeing her one-tooth grin.  I think it’s pretty cute even though others may compare her to a pirate.  I love seeing her sound asleep, getting he rest that she needs.  I’m amazed at how content she is even when she doesn’t get enough sleep and she’s obviously tired.  Sophia’s a gift to our family, and I look forward to all that she’ll bring to our family.  Losing a couple hours of sleep (Ok, it’ll be a lot of hours of sleep over the course of her life.) is nothing compared to the precious gift that she is. 

3 comments:

Nancy H. said...

Deborah, I totally hear you on the sleep deprivation thing...no need to apologize! Isn't there something about how sleep deprivation leads to insanity? We are sooo wired to need it! Wishing you guys a wonderful night's sleep...I am absolutely loving these temps at night!

Andi said...

I still think the baby-diet plan sounds awesome. :)

Andi said...

I still think the baby-diet plan sounds awesome. :)