Monday, September 20, 2010

Donuts, Apples, and Dumplings: Weekend Highlights

201009 September 149 Look who’s moving!  It’s not directional movement yet.  In other words, Sophia gets stuck underneath chairs and moves herself in the opposite direction of where she’d like to be, but she definitely doesn’t stay in one spot anymore.

201009 September 158 We made donuts for breakfast on Saturday morning.  This is what was left.  Since Caleb eats oatmeal pretty much everyday (and loves it, I might add), it’s fun to splurge on a sugary breakfast once in a while. 

201009 September 162 Caleb, wearing his daddy’s big shirt, so that…

201009 September 164 …he could paint.  We used an apple to dip into the paint and make apple prints on the paper. Most don’t look like apples, but that’s ok.  Caleb had a good time.

201009 September 177 Sophia, happy to make her way to the toy box.  This is the first time I heard Caleb possessively say, “Caleb’s toy box,” so we had a chat about sharing toys with Sophia.  The first of many, I’m sure.

201009 September 200 “Relaxing” on Sunday evening. 

Another highlight from Sunday evening: eating dumplings and sticky rice.  Once again, I don’t have pictures of the food. Eating food seems to be more important than taking pictures of it.  ;)  I love that Caleb loves sticky rice.  This is the first time I’ve attempted making dumplings myself instead of just getting the frozen kind.  I think there’ll be a repeat performance.   

Luke and I also went out for a date on Saturday.  We’ve done a lot of home dates lately, but we managed to find a babysitter that was free when we wanted to go out.  Miracle!  While the orchestra concert on the Brucemore lawn was a bit chilly, we warmed up at a coffee shop and had a fun evening.  I think there’ll be a repeat performance…when we find a babysitter that’s free when we want to go out.

3 comments:

:) KH said...

sounds great!! Was all that in one weekend?!?

Erica T said...

Ha! I finally made dumplings for the first time in a long time over the weekend, too. Had been craving the for too long! Can you email me your recipe? I'm curious to compare. Did you steam, boil, or potstick? Did you make your own wrappers? Details, please! Love ya!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.