Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apple Orchard

201009 September 132I took Caleb and Sophia to an apple orchard on Monday.  We met a few friends at the orchard, ate a picnic lunch, tasted several varieties of apples, took a hike to the trees, picked a few apples, and came home.  It was a gorgeous day to go.  While a little crazy to do with little kids, we had fun.  We picked up some Honeycrisp apples for eating and some tart Jonafree apples for cooking.  I think Caleb’s favorite part was carrying the basket we used to collect apples.  Oh, and eating the apples.  We’ll have to see what he thinks of apple crisp.  Sophia was a little oblivious to the apple picking, but she did fairly well.  She rode in the stroller for half the time, and I carried her in our front pack the rest of the time. If you’re looking for a good hill to work out your calf muscles, you can borrow my kids, my stroller, and my front pack, and head out to Wilson’s Orchard any time!  

No comments: